101 Tips for Marrying the Right PersonProduct Code: BK3703
By: Betsy Kerekes
Are you a Catholic confused about how to find your true love? Do you want to work on a current dating relationship, preparing it for engagement and marriage?
Packed into 101 bite-sized suggestions, 101 Tips for Marrying the Right Person is the help you need to approach dating with confidence and joy, while at the same time helping you become the best, most marriage-ready version of yourself. Jennifer Roback Morse and Betsy Kerekes offer inspiration and advice for all stages of your relationship.
With research conducted by the Ruth Institute and almost fifty years of marriage experience between them, authors Jennifer Roback Morse and Betsy Kerekes have compiled their best tips to inspire and support Catholic singles during all stages of dating and engagement. The life-changing ideas in 101 Tips for Marrying the Right Person offer short, practical suggestions that will help you find a mate and build a strong relationship.
You’ll find advice for meeting other Catholic singles, questions to ask yourself before getting too serious, and topics to talk about before engagement. Tips include:
- When you’re on the first date, or once you’re in a relationship, see the other person for who they are. Avoid thinking you can change him or her; only God can do that.
- Don’t expect your significant other to be perfect when you know that you are not.
- If you’re interested in someone who isn’t Catholic, have an open discussion about how you each expect faith to impact your relationship and potential marriage.
Morse and Kerekes clearly articulate the challenges that face single Catholics today. The hook-up and cohabitation culture is prevalent in our society and in the media, making the temptation to succumb strong. The authors want you to know that you aren’t weak for being interested in these options, but you are strong enough to resist them. You can combat these challenges by recognizing single life and dating as ideal times to discern your own call to the vocation of marriage as well as your dating relationship’s readiness for the sacrament.
Features & Benefits
- Morse is the founder and president of the Ruth Institute, which has a weekly e-newsletter that reaches more than 25,000 subscribers.
- Morse is a frequent speaker on college campuses and with conservative think tanks.
144 pages. Paperback.