A Eucharistic Christmas: Advent MeditationsProduct Code: BK2637
During Advent we sing “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.” We focus on the birth of Jesus, this innocent child who came into our world to be our Savior. He is Emmanuel, God with us. But Advent and the Christmas season is also the perfect time to reflect on the fact that God is with us always, and particularly in his Eucharistic presence. This book offers a simple meditation from a well-known Christian writer each day from December 1st through the twelve days after Christmas, a few thoughts to help you respond to Christ’s presence in the Blessed Sacrament, and a prayer to help you open your heart. The meditations focus on:
• The Scriptural basis for understanding the Eucharist
• How to prepare to receive the Lord
• What to do when you pray before the Blessed Sacrament
• The difference a holy hour can make
• The experiences of those who have spent time in adoration
During this holy season, Mary’s example as she carried Jesus in her womb can show us how Jesus takes flesh in our own lives when we receive him with reverence.