Stewardship: A Disciple's ResponseProduct Code: BK2263
If you say you are a follower of Jesus, then you must be a steward of God's creation. That is the challenge presented in this pastoral statement from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. For pastors; parish and diocesan finance, development, and stewardship committees; coordinators of adult faith formation, youth ministry, and religious education; and evangelization. Also includes the summary version To Be a Christian Steward and Stewardship and Development in Catholic Dioceses and Parishes: Resource Manual.
How Do I Use . . .
- Challenge students to make a single change in their lifestyles that will reduce the waste of natural resources.
- Ask students to read To Be a Christian Steward, the summary that is included in Stewardship: A Disciple's Response.
- What does stewardship mean for someone their age? How can they live a life of good stewardship?
- Ask students to compose, as individuals or as a group, a sermon on stewardship. Which of Jesus' teachings would they use?
- Encourage students to transform their Lenten fasting practices into Easter "feasting" ones. How can they share their gifts and resources more generously?
80 pages. Paperback.