The Contemplative RosaryProduct Code: BK3763
You know that in an Apostolic Letter in 2002, Pope John Paul II added five Luminous Mysteries. Did you know that in that same Letter he also called for a new way of praying the Rosary?
St. John Paul II’s new way of praying the Rosary was based on the teachings of St. Theresa of Avila and has become known as the Contemplative Rosary because it more perfectly unites vocal prayer and meditation, transforming the prayers of the Rosary into a contemplative meeting with God.
Did you know about these changes? Have you tried them?
In our new book, The Contemplative Rosary, we have not only incorporated the five new Luminous Mysteries, we have included as well the many other changes Pope John Paul made to the Rosary.
Here are his additions to the texts and prayers — additions small and large — that, as John Paul intended, unite the Rosary more closely to the official liturgical prayers of the Church as well as to Scripture.
Here are also scores of full-color images for your contemplation that anchor your attention in each Mystery and transform your Rosary from a hasty, habitual recitation into a profound speaking to God and a keen listening to Him.
Following the wise advice of St. Theresa of Avila and the new method proposed by St. John Paul, you’ll find here for each mystery:
• A lovely, full-color classical painting depicting the events in the Mystery, for help in your contemplation
• A unique announcement of the Mystery
• A statement of the expected fruits of the Mystery
• The Scriptural passage you should consider before embarking on your prayers of the Mystery
• A call for a moment of silence in order to recollect yourself before entering the presence of God
• Each Mystery’s own unique Hail Mary, including within each a John Paul II recommended statement of faith “to pull wandering minds back to Christ and center them in the mystery”
• Seven meditations tailored to each Mystery, to accompany your recitation of the Hail Marys (but only employ one at a time)
• A concluding short prayer asking God for the fruits specific to that Mystery
• Plus much more, so that finally you can begin to pray the Rosary as Saint John Paul wants you to pray it!
144 pages. Paperback,