Winning the Discipline DebatesProduct Code: BK2824
By: Ray Guarendi
Winning the Discipline Debates covers a series of the most common (and most frustrating) discipline scenarios between parents and kids. Written in a script format, dialogue between the characters is interspersed with Dr. Ray's comments and observations, and each scene ends with a summary and discipline ideas from Dr. Ray. As a father of ten (with his children's ages ranging from twelve through twenty-four), clinical psychologist, public speaker, and national radio host, families have literally been Dr. Ray's life. Learn, laugh, and let Dr. Ray coach you to stand strong and become a more confident parent.
Some of the debates covered in the book include:
- A child who is wide awake and a mom who just wants to get some sleep
- A grandmother who interferes with a dad's discipline—and a child who suffers because of it
- Parents who argue in front of their kids—a lose/lose situation
- A mom who struggles to enforce the consequences she's decided upon
- Two siblings who are fighting and a mom who tries to sort things out
From preschool to the late teen years, Dr. Ray coaches parents on how to make discipline less wordy, less frequent, less frustrating—and more definite. With Dr. Ray as your coach, everyone wins!
139 pages. Paperback.